The Woman’s Board of Northwestern Memorial Hospital is dedicated to supporting the programs and services provided by Northwestern Memorial Hospital, including those related to women’s health issues, and to the furtherance of Northwestern Medicine’s mission as a premier academic health system where the patient comes first.
The Woman’s Board is proud to continue its historic role as the leading support organization for Northwestern Memorial Hospital and as advocates for improving the health of those served by Northwestern Medicine.
Founded in 1897 as The Passavant Woman’s Aid Society, The Woman’s Board of Northwestern Memorial Hospital is one of Chicago’s oldest charitable organizations. Although the name of the board has changed, our commitment to compassionate care has never wavered. From our founding to today, the dedicated members of The Woman’s Board have organized hundreds of creative and diverse events to benefit Northwestern Memorial Hospital and have raised and donated millions of dollars to enhance the quality of patient care, research, community service and education. We are proud to have been a source of leadership and support for more than 125 years and to have helped build the hospital into a world-class leader in healthcare.