2017 Annual Appeal
Celebrating 120 years of Compassionate Care.
Since 1897, The Woman’s Board has been committed to bringing innovative treatments and compassionate care to every patient at Northwestern Memorial Hospital.
Your gift to the Annual Appeal will enable continued investments in groundbreaking work and exceptional patient care benefiting the Chicago community.
The Eleanor Wood-Prince Grants Initiative
“These grants provide new researchers at Northwestern with the resources and drive to be pioneers in their field. This type of seed funding is critical to helping researchers advance science and patient care.”
— JAMES CHANDLER, MD,
2005 grant recipient,
Co-Director of the Northwestern
Brain Tumor Institute
Supported by a $2 million gift from the Board, 16 fellows have trained to accelerate moving discoveries in the lab to first-in-human clinical trials and to make novel treatments available to patients who have exhausted standard therapies.
To celebrate 120 years of advancing healthcare at Northwestern, The Woman’s Board made a landmark $7 million pledge which will fund five major initiatives over the next ten years.
With your generous support we will also continue these important programs:
- Eleanor Wood-Prince Grants — launching young researchers’ careers with seed funding
- Evergreen Invitational Grants — funding programs for underserved patient populations
- Nora Cooney Marra Compassionate Care Awards — recognizing three oncology caregivers annually
- Nora Cooney Marra Outreach Fund — funding patient care and services that improve patient’s lives
- Women’s HIV Clinic — ongoing program support for nursing and social work
HELP US CONTINUE TO PROVIDE INNOVATIVE TREATMENTS AND COMPASSIONATE CARE.
The Woman’s Board is committed to bringing innovative treatments and compassionate care to every patient at Northwestern Memorial Hospital. Your gift to the Annual Appeal will enable continued investments in groundbreaking work and exceptional patient care.